Connect Stormboard to hundreds of other apps with Zapier
Unless you are an API expert, it can incredibly difficult to create an automated workflow that will sync data across platforms.
Stormboard’s new integration with Zapier is here to help! You can now seamlessly connect Stormboard with more than 1,000 apps, making data transfer automatic so you can focus on your great ideas and not on the technical details.
Here’s how the integration works
Automated connections called Zaps, which you can set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn’t be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the “Trigger”, where your information comes from and which causes one or more “Actions” in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
The best part? This all happens in the background — once it’s set you don’t need to do anything!
How to connect Stormboard to Zapier
- Sign up for a FREE Zapier account or log in to your existing account.
- Navigate to “Connected Accounts” from the top menu bar.
- Now click on “Connect new account” and search for “Stormboard”
- Use your credentials to connect your Stormboard account to Zapier.
- Once that’s done you can start creating an automation! Use a pre-made Zap or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no coding knowledge and you’ll be walked step-by-step through the setup.
Add Free Images from Pexels to Your Storms
To make your meetings, brainstorms, and collaboration even more effective, Stormboard has partnered with Pexels.com and added image search to Stormboard! This means that you can pull free images to use in reports, as inspiration for projects, and to use in meetings and presentations from within your Storm — no need to do a search in a separate window. All images are Creative Commons (CCO) and free for you to use for both personal and commercial use.
There are two ways that you can use images from Pexels in your Storm.
Add images to an Image Sticky Note
In addition to adding images via drag and drop, Box, and One Drive, you can also now search and instantly add one of the thousands of free images from Pexel.com.
- Click anywhere in your Storm to open a new sticky note.
- Click on “Image” in the sticky note menu.
- Using the search bar enter the type of image you are searching for.
- Click “Add Image”.
- The image will be added to your sticky note and you can then move it to wherever you want in your Storm.
Add images to a Whiteboard Sticky Note
Whiteboard sticky notes now allow for multiple images to be added! You can add images from your computer, or you can browse through the collection of free images.
Once you have added your image or images, you can add shapes, text, or draw on top of the image using the whiteboard tools. Tapping the images will also let you easily move them around or resize them.
Major Reporting Upgrades
One of the things users value the most about Stormboard is the detailed reporting tools that can be used within their Storms. Users can export the ideas from their templates into a professional report that can be collaboratively edited and then shared immediately with meeting participants or key stakeholders.
Reports are available as a PNG, PDF, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Wordle, and more, and we’ve recently made some major changes!
Some of these changes include:
- The ability to generate your reports 200-1000% faster!
- Reports created for Storms with a lot of data now generate faster and more reliably.
- Reports with international characters (UTF-8) generate much better.
- The report design is more modern and attractive.
- A new report template has been added (see below).
- A bunch of minor glitches and bugs have been fixed.
New: Votes Report
The Votes Report focuses on the ideas in your Storm that have been voted on. It summarizes the data in your Storm by Top Ideas (total votes), Favorite Ideas (unique votes), and a Vote Summary that shows who voted for what. This report is perfect for seeing which ideas are most popular at a glance.
The Wordle report now lets you shuffle the words around to get a different layout and it is now much easier to download. Users now have the ability to add this report to the Storm it is generated from with one click.
Updated: Microsoft Excel
New Statistics page
The Microsoft Excel Report now includes some great statistics about your Storm including:
- The number of ideas created and any comments on them.
- Any Tasks assigned and completed.
- The number of sessions.
The Microsoft Excel report now includes a unique identifier for every idea. This allows you to easily connect any idea with your other business systems.
Pro tip: You can click on the unique id and it will take you to that idea in the Storm!
Updated: Microsoft Word
The Microsoft Word Report now replaces the Summary Report
By changing the Summary Report to a Microsoft Word Report, we have made it completely editable instead of a static PDF.
In addition, we’ve added:
- A Table of Contents.
- A better breakdown of Ideas By Section.
- The data in Matrix Sections of your Storm is now easier to interpret.
- he Votes Breakdown displays with far more detail.
- Spreadsheet Sections are now easier to read and interpret.
- The Tasks Summary now displays the data by complete and incomplete tasks.
- We’ve also added a print to PDF option on the Word Report.
Updated: Microsoft PowerPoint
The Microsoft PowerPoint Report now produces a redesigned, more usable report.
- There’s a whole new look.
- All image thumbnails are now included in the PPT export.
- If the thumbnail is a video you can click the thumbnail and it will take you to the video on YouTube! (Note: This only works if you are in presentation mode).
- The Report now paginates and generates a new page if there is too much data to fit on one page.
- It also now displays subsections.
Great news Slack users — you can now turn ideas, comments, and brainstorms in your Slack channel into Stormboard sticky notes!
Integrate your Stormboard account with Slack to receive instant notifications when any changes are made in your Storms — everything that you would normally see on your Dashboard when you log in is now a part of your team’s daily process.
The notifications you will receive can be customized and include:
- If a new idea is added to a Storm
- When an idea is changed or moved
- Any comments or replies on your sticky notes
- If you are mentioned in an idea or comment
- When you are invited to a Storm
- When a task is assigned or completed
- If someone joins a Storm that you created
Contribute to Storms via Slack
You can now turn the ideas that you share with your team in Slack into sticky notes in your Storms! You can also create new Storms, ask for help, and set a default Storm for an hour (so all ideas contributed go to that Storm automatically) all from your Slack channel.
Invite your team to your new Storm via Slack
Do you want to invite someone on your Slack team to your Storm? No problem!
Simply type “/addstorm” in any channel which will invite everyone in that channel to join your new Storm — no need to send invites separately!
How the integration works
To add the Stormboard-bot to Slack, either go to the Slack App Store or click on the “Connect To Slack” button located on the bottom, left-hand side of your Stormboard Dashboard.
Once you have connected Stormboard and Slack, the “Stormboard-bot” will appear in Slack under “Apps” beneath your Direct Messages. All of your notifications will be found there.
To turn notifications on or off:
- Login to your Stormboard account (pictured above).
- Go to your account notifications.
- Add a checkmark beside the notifications that you would like to be turned on.