Colored Sticky Notes + Other New Stormboard Features
Have you always wanted to be able to change the color of your sticky notes? Change the font that you use in your Storms? Or, change the shape of your ideas? Well, now you can do all of that, and more, with the new features that we released today!
You can now make all of your sticky notes full color! (Don’t worry, you can still keep the classic look if you prefer.) In order to switch from the classic look to the new full-color option, click on the Setup menu at the bottom of your screen, select the “Styling” tab, and under “Style” select “Full Color” (see below).
You can change the color of an individual sticky using the sticky note menu (click once on the sticky note and the menu will pop up), or you can change the entire sticky note palette using the Setup Menu at the bottom of your screen.
The background of individual sections of your template or your entire Storm can now be filled with color as well (see the image above), which can help you sort your ideas, better organize your meetings, and more!
Check out these Help articles for more information:
- How do I change the color of a sticky note?
- Can I select a different color palette for my stickies?
- How do I change the background color of a section in my template?
- How do I change the entire background of my Storm to a different color?
Better Sticky Notes
We’ve made changes to our sticky notes so that they look and function better. Other than the new color options listed above, the new features include:
- The ability to select different shapes for your sticky notes
- A new look to the title stickies
- You can now access the sticky note menu by clicking once on the sticky once
- Edit sticky notes by double-clicking on the note (Read: How do I edit sticky notes?)
We’ve cleaned up our sticky notes so that there is nothing to distract from what is most important — your ideas!
As you can see in the old version of our sticky notes above, there is a sentence at the top of the note telling you when it was created, and the menu at the bottom is very prominent. In the new version the idea takes center stage.
New scalable fonts make your ideas easier to read. This means that you no longer have to click a “more” button at the bottom of a sticky to read the entire idea. The font shrinks intuitively to ensure that your entire idea can fit on the note (you can set the minimum font size under the Setup Menu). You can also customize whether you want your ideas to be automatically aligned to the center of the sticky note or the top.
Another exciting new feature allows you to change the font used in your Storm. The available fonts are now Ante, Arvo Serif, Exo2, Open Sans, Raleway, and Tikal Sans. You can customize your font in the Setup Menu under the “Styling” tab.
New Settings in the Setup Menu
The Storm Setup Menu has been restructured into three tabs for even more customization: General, Features, and Styling.
Under the General tab, you can rename your Storm and create a description or goal for your Storm. The Features tab allows you to turn features on and off like Realtime Cursor Positions, Idea Editing, and enabling or disabling Storm Chat. Under the Styling tab, you can set your sticky note color palette, minimum font size, text alignment, and more!
Even More Exciting Features
- Perfectly align your sticky notes We now have alignment guides! As you move sticky notes around your Storm, blue lines will appear on the screen to help you align your sticky notes in each section. Give it a try!
- Preview URLs If you add a URL to your Storm, you can now preview the URL by hovering over the sticky note it has been added to (see image above).